Lets now take a look inside the ImpressCMS file you just downloaded. There are 4 different directories/folders:
Contains some documentation: the GNU license.txt, changelog.txt and language_changelog.txt
- GNU license.txt : the GPL v2 license text that governs ImpressCMS licensing
- changelog.txt : a summary overview of the changes between the different versions.
- language_changelog.txt : added, removed or changed language constants, very interesting for translators
All the files inside the docs folder can be very useful to members that wish to contribute to the project.
Contains a login.php file that may be used to run ImpressCMS in ssl (Secure Sockets Layer).
- This feature is mostly used in ecommerce for accepting credit cards on your website.
- You would need to purchase an SSL Certificate from a company like Verisign or Thawte for this feature to work.
- Please take a look at the readme.txt in "extras" folder.
Contains all the fundamental files and folders of the ImpressCMS package.
- For a fresh install of ImpressCMS you must upload all files and folders "inside" of this "htdocs folder" onto your web host.
- They must be installed/uploaded into a working directory in your servers path. Example: www.yourdomain.com
Contains all the files needed to upgrade your current install of XOOPS to the newer features of ImpressCMS.
- Upload this folder "only" if you intend to upgrade from an older version of "XOOPS or ImpressCMS".